With a master’s degree and a doctorate, Ryan Yamka, PhD, believes education comes first in regards to pet nutrition. In this episode, he will share some of his tips and expertise for understanding pet food labels and more.
Ryan says, “I educate, I do not advocate or humiliate – I do not believe in fear-mongering pet parents into certain foods or brands!” And that belief comes across clearly in his interview.
This video is part of the All Pet Voices COFFEE Chat series. CLICK HERE to see all the series videos.
During All Pet Voices COFFEE Chats we talk with pets and animal experts about the pets who we love and the animals we admire. We also get to know people that dedicate their lives to making the world a better place for pets and animals and whose passions are often unknown.
Ryan Yamka, PhD
Ryan is a Certified Professional Animal Scientist who is board certified with the American College of Animal Science in nutrition and is the 2020 Rogue Pet Science Pet Industry Disruptor Award recipient. Ryan has also been granted 50 patents.
Takeaways from Ryan Yamka:
- Ryan’s journey into pet nutrition.
- What marketing studies are and who they mean to all pet parents.
- What Guaranteed Analysis (GA) is and what it tells you.
- Difference between cats and dogs in their nutritional needs.
- Trends of education vs. fear mongering when in comes to pet food.
- Prescription pet foods and their purpose.
- Understanding ingredients vs. nutrients.
For more information on Ryan Yamka:
LinkedIn – Ryan Yamka, PhD, FACN, PAS, Dipl ACAS
Articles – Petfood Industry by Ryan Yamka
Website – guardianpetfood.com