After dedicating her life to helping with penguin rescue efforts and conservation, Dyan now sets her sights on helping to educate adults and children alike on penguin facts and how every individual can help.
In this episode, we chat about Dyan’s experience with penguins as well as the books she’s authored and how she educates through speaking engagements.
All Pet Voices may receive commissions from affiliate links included in this article.
This video is part of the All Pet Voices COFFEE Chat series. CLICK HERE to see all the series videos.
During All Pet Voices COFFEE Chats we talk with pets and animal experts about the pets who we love and the animals we admire. We also get to know people that dedicate their lives to making the world a better place for pets and animals and whose passions are often unknown.
Dyan, also know as The Penguin Lady, is a penguin expert, a TED and Nat Geo Speaker, and an award-winning author. Her book, The Great Penguin Rescue, is about her experience helping manage the rescue of 40,000 penguins from the Treasure oil spill in South Africa with the help of 12,500-volunteers.
Personal Mission: To raise awareness and funding to protect penguins. Dyan donates 20% of her proceeds to penguin groups.
Takeaways from Dyan deNapoli:
- The number one question about penguins (and it’s answer) for adults and children alike.
- How dolphins eventually led Dyan penguins.
- The importance of penguin rescue.
- Dyan recounts the Treasure Oil Spill and it’s impact on penguins and volunteers.
- How Dyan teaches children and adults about penguin biology, behavior, and conservation through speaking and TED Talks.
- Stories from Antarctica expeditions.
- Lots of penguin facts!
For more on penguins, be sure to check out our Pet Voices PRESENTS video 10 Fun Facts About Penguins where Dyan shares even more of her expertise.
For more information on Dyan deNapoli:
Website – thepenguinlady.com
Twitter – @ThePenguinLady
Books – The Great Penguin Rescue and All About Penguins
Leave a Reply